With supervision, this position develops personal care and color cosmetic products to meet customer’s demands.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow established formulas to create laboratory batches of personal care and color cosmetics.
- Complete product development projects under the supervision of the Sr. R&D Chemist.
- Identify and obtain new raw materials on an ongoing basis, along with appropriate safety/technical documentation, specifications, samples, etc. for new formulations.
- Conduct all required performance and tests, interprets, records and reports results accurately.
- Test batches for product conformance.
- Stability test and monitor results of lab batches.
- Keep accurate records of batches and stability results.
- Meet with customers and raw materials vendors as necessary.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of laboratory.
- Review industry publications and raw materials literature to increase awareness of industry trends.
- Must adhere to safety standards during laboratory testing, such as wearing protection clothing and taking additional precautions as needed.
- Perform other related duties assigned by supervisor.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or related discipline.
- 3 years or more of product development experience in skin care.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Must demonstrate professional appearance and friendly demeanor.
- Excellent communication, verbally and in writing.
- Self-motivated with proactive and process ownership focus.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced team environment.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills and commitment to providing a high standard of quality of work.
- Ability to make and meet commitments/deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Mathematical comprehension.
- Computer literate with Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Show initiative and accepts new responsibilities needed.
- Has a willingness to work with and help others.
- Must perform well under pressure and deadlines.
Send us your resume to:
Attn: Human Resources Department
30901 Wiegman Road
Hayward, CA 94544