“The success of your skin care line demands the highest quality ingredients and advanced lab facilities to create your custom formulation.”
At Allure Labs, CEO and lead chemist Sam Dhatt is devoted to ongoing research as a commitment to your success. Not only do we conduct comprehensive research for your product formulation, we also conduct ongoing research for our own breakthroughs of the latest in skincare ingredients and marketplace trends. You can rely on our research data, knowledge and expertise for the latest advances in skincare.
During our formulation stage, our chemists will gather information to fully understand your skincare product and the intended benefits of your custom formulation. Our experienced chemists will help you select key ingredients to optimize your products for success. Allure Labs will then prepare your custom private label from carefully outlined specifications.
“Our labs are up-to-date with industry standards and technologies as well as the latest ingredients on the market.”
Product Development includes testing each lab formula to ensure stability and aesthetic compliance. We develop formulations based on the following:
- Custom formulation — customer concept without a prototype
- Reverse engineering — existing product with a prototype
- Highlighting new raw materials
- Formulation enhancement
Creating personal care and cosmetic products is a collaborative effort among our clients, formulators and raw material vendors. Allure Labs’ product development staff meets regularly with raw material vendors, both domestic and international, to ensure we are on trend, and have the latest and best quality raw materials available for our clients. Our formulators also work within your budget to include ingredients that meet your price range.
1. Potential and existing customer may submit a Product Development Request (PDR) outlining their objectives for new product(s) (may include prototype product).
- We encourage customer input: key ingredients to include, materials not to include, desired aesthetic attributes, packaging idea, marketplace prototypes if available
2. Lab review of PDR
- Is this an OTC product?
- What type of packaging is required?
- Do we need to request specific raw materials?
- Can we establish a starting formula or base?
3. Sample submission and approval
4. Once product is approved we can guide you through the testing requirements:
- Product stability testing
- Stability testing in final packaging (if necessary)
- Creation of Ingredient Declaration for labeling
- For OTC products – appropriate testing as necessary
“Allure is proud to offer many services in house which enable us to release products in a timely manner.”
1. RAW MATERIAL IDENTIFICATION TEST FOR API (ACTIVE PHARMACEUTICALS INGREDIENTS).
2. RAW MATERIAL & PACKAGING MATERIAL TEST – VENDOR VALIDATION/ QUALIFICATION
3. AEROBIC PLATE COUNT & FUNGAL PLATE COUNT ON RAW MATERIALS, BULK PRODUCTS AND FINISHED PRODUCTS
4. PATHOGENS TESTING ON FINISHED PRODUCTS
5. MICROBIAL LIMIT TEST & PRESERVATIVE EFFECTIVENESS TEST (MLT & PET VALIDATION)
6. STABILITY TEST TO DETERMINE THE SHELF-LIFE OF THE PRODUCTS
7. HIRPT (HUMAN REPEAT INSULT PATCH TESTING) OR PATCH TESTING OR SKIN REACTION TESTING AS IT SOMETIMES KNOWN, PROVES THAT YOUR INGREDIENTS ARE SAFE FOR USE.
8. PROCESS VALIDATION/ QUALIFICATION
9. BROAD SPECTRUM TEST – DETERMINATION OF SUN PROTECTION FACTOR (SPF)
10. CLEANING VALIDATION.
Allure Labs is registered with
Drug Manufacturing License issued by Department of Health State of California
Cosmetic Manufacturing Registration with Department of Health State of California
Organic Processed Product Registration by Department of Public Health State of California
US National Organic Program Certification issued by Oregon Tilth
Agencies we have worked with
The Environmental Working Group’s (EWG)mission is to empower people to live healthier lives in a healthier environment. With breakthrough research and education, they drive consumer choice and civic action. EWG is a non-profit, non-partisan organization dedicated to protecting human health and the environment.
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) is the largest animal rights organization in the world, with more than 6.5 million members and supporters. PETA focuses its attention on the four areas in which the largest numbers of animals suffer the most intensely for the longest periods of time: in the food industry, in the clothing trade, in laboratories, and in the entertainment industry. PETA works through public education, cruelty investigations, research, animal rescue, legislation, special events, celebrity involvement, and protest campaigns.
Made Safe screens ingredients against their Toxicant Database of harmful chemicals. Their non-profit organization provides America’s first human health focused certification for nontoxic products from baby to personal care.
The Leaping Bunny Logo is the only internationally recognized symbol guaranteeing consumers that no new animal tests were used in the development of any product displaying it. The Logo can be seen on packaging, advertising, and websites for cosmetics and household products around the world.
Halal Certification is the process of having a qualified independent third party supervises the production of consumables, attesting that they were produced in conformity with the preparation and ingredient standards of the halal lifestyle. After successful adoption and performance of halal productivity procedures, the supervisory third party then issues Halal Certification to the producer attesting to halal conformity on a per product basis.
USDA Organic: The National Organic Program develops the rules & regulations for the production, handling, labeling, and enforcement of all USDA organic products.
Whole Foods Compliant List