Creating a successful line of skincare products in today’s market takes calculated strategy and diligent research. My team and I have a demonstrated history of steering clients toward success by creating new and innovative products. Our clients are shapeshifters in skincare and cosmetics and are some of the most sought-after brands sold in major retailers.
Whether you’re a beauty influencer wanting to create a product you can sell to your following or an already established brand looking to explore a new niche, Allure has you covered. Regardless of your launch point, we have over 30 years of experience providing brands with the competitive edges required to scale their businesses.
How lucrative is skincare?
The skincare industry is expected to earn $200.25 Billion by the year 2026. Needless to say, there’s plenty of opportunity. People will never stop caring about their appearance or searching for new ways to supplement their mental and physical health. Ways to capitalize on self-care only continue to multiply. The development of science and technology has only allowed us to discover new, healthier ways of living and taking care of ourselves.
7 Steps To Success
If you’re ready for your slice of the pie, here are seven steps I’m sharing from my experience to help you launch a successful skincare line in 2023.
- Find a gap in the market. Research skincare trends and identify one need or problem either not being adequately addressed, or that you can offer a unique spin on. Next, create a series of products that fills the gap and sets you apart from competitors.
- Conduct consumer research via case studies. This will require you to create avatars for your ideal clients, reach out to them in real life, and interview them about your product ideas. You should seek to understand their likes and dislikes about current products on the market that are similar and refine yours accordingly.
- Develop a strong brand identity and online presence. The benefits of using your products should be a representation of your brand’s mission, values, and strategic objectives. From your name and logo to the marketing for your products, everything should feel cohesive and elicit a recognizable response from consumers.
- Create high-quality products. This is where my team and I come in. Working with a custom contract manufacturer like Allure will ensure the smoothest experience possible from start to finish. Our R&D lab uses only the finest, highest-quality ingredients to create your formulations. We ensure your products are created safely and effectively. Testing happens both in-house and by a third-party lab to confirm your products perform as advertised and follow all regulatory requirements. Our packaging team offers turn-key solutions for all your packaging and labeling needs, making working with us a fail-proof process.
- Create hype around your new products. Introduce them to your target market by blasting them on your website, social media accounts, and email newsletters. Connect with your customers to collect testimonials and reviews. Don’t underestimate the power of reviews! Engage with your audience via product demonstrations and educational content that help increase consumer awareness of your brand.
- Partner with influencers and retailers who can promote your products to their respective audiences. Pitch to them and solidify relationships with the ones who are aligned with your brand.
- Have immaculate customer service. Make sure you respond promptly to any incoming inquiries or concerns received through your website contact form, email, or social media platforms. Implement a survey automation to follow up with customers post-purchase and track requested feedback. Developing a good relationship with your consumers is the best way to build brand loyalty and help your skincare line reach success.
The necessary component
Success in launching a skincare line truly lies in the hands of your product manufacturer. This is why it’s best to go with a trustworthy, reputable partner like Allure. We’re a family owned business and keep that theme consistent in the long-standing relationships we build with our clients. We offer both white-label and private-label options to fast-track you on your way to success. Not only do we offer turnkey solutions from formulation to packaging and labeling, but we will also help you understand laws, testing, and regulatory requirements applicable to your products while staying on top of forecasted trends.
Ready to get started? Submit a Product Request Form on our website today.
This article was written and approved by Sam Dhatt.